Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Week Two Recap: Already Off Course


I got tired of playing Zelda. I think Breath of the Wild might be my least favorite Zelda game. It’s too big. The open-world play isn’t something that works well for Zelda. That’s my opinion. I liked aspects of it, but the fact that I have to craft and cook food to get health…that just annoys me. There aren’t any true dungeons. Just Shrines and Divine Beasts. Granted, I haven’t played all the way through, but I’ve spent nearly forty hours in this game and still no dungeon. Oof, I’m just done with this game. I’m actually a little sad that I spent money on this game. I thought I was going to like it, but I’m not a fan of running around a map searching for the right CLOTHES to wear to get to a certain part of the map. I don’t like having to sit at a campfire mixing random ingredients together to see if I can get an elixir that will allow me to survive certain temperatures.

So, I’m playing games that I like to play. I’ve moved back to streaming CSGO. I’m enjoying myself because I love the game, but I have a feeling that it’s going to be a slower crawl for followers and viewers for this game. To be fair, I’ve got one follower that has come back four days in a row so that’s interesting in itself. CSGO is not popular on Mixer like it is on Twitch. There aren’t a lot of big names playing CSGO on Mixer, so maybe there’s an opportunity for growth. That being said, I’d say there’s an average of 40 streamers playing CSGO and anywhere between 120-250 viewers. Which isn’t bad. However, it’s still a very small community.

I’m not streaming because I expect to be big, I’m streaming because it’s fun to have people watch me play, especially with competition-based games. I also have more enjoyment in playing competitive FPS games. So I should play what I have fun playing. If I never grow,, so be it, I’ve got plenty of other great things going on with my life. I also like the opportunity to play other FPS games. That’s where my bread and butter is.

I’ve got a total of:
17 Followers
218 Views
62 Hours Streamed

Working with some new icons for emoeyjoey:



It’s been about three weeks I think. The roll is slow. We’ll see how it goes. The last thing I want to mention is that when I’m playing FPS games, I don’t talk as much, except when people are in the chat talking with me. I don’t know if this is a good thing or bad. I do talk to others when I’m playing and I talk about some of my strategies for each round, but it’s not the same as Zelda. I might have more followers via the Zelda games, but I don’t know if it’s sustainable as something I WANT to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week Two Recap: Already Off Course

I got tired of playing Zelda. I think Breath of the Wild might be my least favorite Zelda game. It’s too big. The open-world play isn’t so...